Call for Abstract Submission for Scientific Paper Presentation
1st Global Nepali Health Conference and Health Festival
September 20-22, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The convention organizing committee invites all interested participants and/or contributors to register and submit their abstracts via the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Upload the file here
Dear All around the world,
We invite you to participate and submit abstract for scientific paper presentation (oral or poster) in the 1st Global Nepali Health Conference and Health Festival, being held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA during 20-22, 2019. This conference is jointly organized by Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) ICC Global Health and Hygiene Committee, and NRNA NCC USA in association with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Society of American Nepali Nurses (SANN), Greater Atlanta Vedic Temple (GAVT), Nepali Cultural Center, Atlanta (NCC), Nepalese Association of Georgia (NAG), Blood Donors of America (BDA), StarScholar Network (SSN) and Thomas Eye Group.
Due date for abstract submission: September 7th, 2019 (11:59 PM)
Abstract review and acceptance: September 14th, 2019
Notification of decision: September 15th, 2019
Due date for presentation slide submission: September 17th, 2019
(If abstract is accepted for poster presentation, the printed poster should be brought by the presenter)
Where to submit?
All abstracts should be submitted either in .doc/.docx or .pdf format.
1. Theme: The abstract should be based on original work on the topic related to the health of Nepalese people around the globe or in Nepal.
2. Word limit: Not to exceed 500 words (Reference will not be counted in the word limit)
3. Abstract format: Submit according to the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition guidelines (font, text size, affiliation, author/co-author’s name, and contact information etc.). Structured abstract should have a title, background, methods, results, and conclusions, and 3-5 keywords. Unstructured abstract should have a title, background, discussion sections and 3-5 keywords.
4. Priority: Authors are encouraged to briefly include the information on how the research findings could be utilized in relation to the health of Nepali people around the world or in Nepal.
Information & Guidelines:
1. Theme of the Presentation: All presentations should include groundbreaking ideas, strategies, and relevant policies or products that will impact the health of Nepalese people living in Nepal and abroad.
2. Suggested Topics: Abstracts and Presentations are expected to be aligned with the theme of the conference and include but not limited to research and policy directly related to benefitting the health of Nepalese residing in Nepal and abroad. Some suggested topics: evidence-based medical practice, nursing practice, biomedical research, clinical research, health informatics, health policy, healthcare regulatory policies, diagnostic testing / lab testing, environmental health, social determinants of health, community based health activities, public health, rapid health assessment conducted during and after disasters like earthquake, flood, landslides, wildfire, etc.
3. Eligibility: Any person of Nepalese origin or non-Nepalese origin of age 18 years and older. Medical scientists, researchers, professors, physicians, nurses, healthcare technicians, medical student, government or non-government officials are highly encouraged to submit the abstract.
4. Contact Information: Primary author’s email and phone number must be provided.
5. Abstract Review and Decision: Abstracts will be reviewed by the 'Scientific Paper Review Committee' members and the decisions will be notified by email.
6. Presentation Time: 10 minutes followed by 5 minutes for question-answer. Thirty minutes for a poster presentation. Posters should be set up 10 minutes prior to presentation and removed within 10 minutes of the end of the presentation.
7. Presentation Slides: Presentation slides should be in Microsoft PowerPoint or Prezi format.
8. Poster Presentations: Poster size should be between 3'x5' to 4'x6' with pictures, and texts visible within 5 feet distance.
9. Late Abstract Submission: Late submissions will not be reviewed.
10. Travel Fund: Presenters and participants will be responsible for their own travel, visa, and accommodation arrangements. The registration fee of $100 cover food and international transportation on Saturday Sept 21 and half day of Sunday, Sep 22.
11. Hotel Information: Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake Address: 4083 Lavista Road, Tucker, Georgia 30084
or by calling: +1 (770) 938-1200 (Please ask for group block name American Nepali Health Expo).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact ‘Scientific Paper Review Committee’ members.
Mr. Satya Chaudhary (Chair), USA
Dr. Anup Srivastav, USA
Dr. Pramod Regmi, UK
Dr. Dilip Yadav, UK
Dr. Surendra Sapkota, Nepal
Scientific Paper Review Committee
1st Global Nepali Health Conference & Health Festival
For other conference related information, Contact:
Atlanta Declaration & White Paper Committee : Dr. Tara Sigdel, USA, Chair
International Promotion and Advisory Committee : Dr. Rudra Aryal, USA Chair
Sharad M Tamrakar, Australia
Dharma Raj Adhikari, Australia
Mr. Puru Shrestha, USA
Haribol Bhandari, USA
Dr. Sadhu Ram Pandey, South Africa
Mr. Pashupati Pandey, USA
Global Nepali Health Conference : Dr. Sanjeeb Sapkota, USA (Chair)
Phone: 1 800 816 7808